Friends of the Claremont Library host book-lovers sale
With the holidays upon us, the Friends of the Claremont Library will host its annual book sale, Saturday, December 1 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the library.
An array of unique and distinctive books will be available, sure to delight each person on your gift list.
Sale organizers note there will be plenty for gifts, and plenty to keep for yourself. Some examples include:
• A beautifully illustrated book about the artists of the American Arts and Crafts movement
• A book of beautiful fabrics and textiles, photographed with such skill you can almost touch the weave
• A box of old comic books that you can rummage through and find ones you’re missing
• Heloise and Abelard, beautifully bound and numbered 182 of a total printing of 1200.
• Books about California and local history, about birding, and about wildflowers
• Books published by specialty printers, some rare and very valuable
• Many children’s books, old and newer, with fabulous illustrations
• A complete and unabridged 2-volume set of the Oxford English Dictionary
• Amazing collections of early and later classics in the fields of history, sociology, biology, botany, psychology and religion.
• Specialties in the Civil War, Indian history and arts, classics of Greece and Rome, as well as first editions and fine reprints of significant works of literature—fiction and non-fiction
• Beautiful books of art and artists, sculpture, photography and museum shows.
• Find prized cookbooks and books highlighting gardens of the world, architecture, interior design, fashion, Hollywood icons, sports, games, toys, and dolls—all that intrigues our aesthetic senses.
Note: For the December 1 sale, all books with pink cards are half-price.
There is something wonderful for everyone at the Book Lovers Book Sale.
The Claremont Public Library is located at 208 N. Harvard Ave.